JAIN VISHVA BHARATI UNIVERSITY, LADNUN (RAJASTHAN), INDIA
SUMMER VACATION PROGRAMME OF UNDERSTANDING JAINISM
July 23h to August 12th, 2011
The understanding Jainism Programme of Jain Vishva Bharati University is an intensive course emphasizing on Jain Philosophy, Ethics, Non-violence, Meditation Yoga etc. The programme is interdisciplinary in the nature, aiming at to facilitate the condensed and in-depth knowledge in twenty one days schedule time encompassing the total hours needed for any three month certificate course. This course is formulated as per credit system and is equivalent to three credit course, undertaking study hours equal to or more than 35 hours.
- To understand the concept and ideas of Jainism.
- To develop understanding and attitude of nonviolence.
- To familiarize the participants with the philosophy of creative nonviolence in India.
- To impart training of Preksha Meditation for emotionally balanced Life-style.
- To establish the importance and relevance of amity for the survival of living being.
- CERTUJ 812
- Jainism-CUJ 101
- Meditation-CUJ 102
- Nonviolence-CUJ 103
(a) Jainism CUJ 101
Introduction to Jainism, Life of Mahavir, Jain Prayer and Mantra, Jain Literature, Jain Life Style, Life of House Holder, Jain Asceticism, Path of liberation, Nine Tatvas, Six Substances & Jain Cosmology, Jain Art & Architecture, Karma Theory, Theory of Knowledge, Jain symbols & Ceremonies, Art of Dying: Santhara, Concept of Nayavada.
(b) Science of Living Preksha Meditation and Yoga CUJ 102
SOL- an Innovative system of Education, Jain Meditation-Then & Now, Nurturing Factors of Meditation, Stress Management & PM, Anupreksha-Auto Suggestion & Contemplation, Leshya Dhyana-Color Meditation, Charkra Meditation, Healing through Sound Energy, Scientific Research in PM, SOL-De-addiction & rehabilitation, Asana& Pranayama, Video-Spiritual Reality, Indian Traditions of Meditations, Value Education & SOL, Anuvrat-A movement of Social Reformation.
(c) Non violence and Peace CUJ 103
Philosophy of Non-violence & Peace, Traditions of NV & Peace in India, Gandhi & Acharya Mahapragya-The Crusader of NV, Ahimsa Yatra, Economics of NV, Nonviolent Communication, Victory over the Common Danger, Non-violence in Burning Issues of Society, Role of Women in Indian Culture, Ecological Dharma, Protect Heritage of life, Anekant-A Jain Concept of Reconciliation, Training In NV, Vegetarianism.
Lectures, Presentation, Discussion, Field Survey.
SCHEME OF EXAM
The programme has three credits in 3 week duration. The evaluation will be based on the grades as per under:
SYSTEM OF EVALUATION
- Term and exam
- Continuous evaluation
- Project Presentation (The Supervision will be provided, if needed)
- The exams shall be conducted independently in each of the subject in the last 2-3 days. Each paper will be of hundred points. Examination evaluation system will be the internal evaluation system, where the exams will be taken by the concerned Professor.
- Each student have to opt any one selected project (list provided in Programme Schedule)
The marks will be awarded in grades. On the completion of programme certificates will be issued mentioning therein the grades.
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Visit to the places of historical and archeological importance in Ladnun, .
- Interaction with spiritual personalities.
- Meditation / Yoga session (6 to 7.15 A.M.), Needam.
- Wild sanctuary visit.
- Cultural interaction.
- Additional meditation and Yoga session will be also arranged for the willing candidate.
- Study Note will be provided to the participant students.
- Internet access (B.Ed. College and Computer Lab.)
- ISD (on payment)