4+1 Program (Bachelor's / Master's)
- Current enrollment in the Bachelor's Degree program in Religious Studies, or any humanities major that allows at least 12 hours of electives.
- Completed at least 60 hours of coursework.
- Current GPA must be 3.4 or higher.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Approval of the Graduate Committee.
- Submission of acceptable writing sample, complete with bibliography, to Turnitin.com
Completed BA at FIU including
- REL 4931 Religious Studies Seminar
- REL 6935 Seminar in Sacred Texts
- REL 6013 Modern Analysis of Religion
Six additional hours of graduate credit in Religious Studies (for majors, graduate level enrollment in six hours of Focus Courses) must also be taken as Graduate courses.
- A four course track, either in one religious tradition, or one theme across religious traditions, approved by the Graduate Director.
- The two graduate seminars taken in he senior year of the BA as well as the Focus courses taken at the Graduate level (limit 12 hours double-counted).
- Six credits of electives selected from the Religious Studies Course Offerings.
- Six hours of thesis, or six additional hours from the Religious Studies Graduate Course Offerings.
Masters of Arts in Religious Studies Degree Requirements (36 credits)
- REL 6935 Seminar in Sacred Sources 3 credits
- REL 6013 Modern Analysis of Religion 3 credits
- REL 5038 Advanced Fieldwork in Religious Studies 3 credits
12 credit hours of electives approved by the Graduate Program Director
- REL 6971 Thesis or 6 additional hours of elective credits 6 credits
- INR 5615 Research Design in International Relations 3 credits
- INR 5609 Contemporary Dynamics of International Relations 3 credits
- INR 6706 Political Economy of International Relations 3 credits
Students who choose the thesis exit option must include at least one Politics and International Relations faculty member, though the majority must be from Religious Studies.
All courses must be completed with a grade of "B" or above.